Board of Directors Vacancies
The Heart of Illinois Down Syndrome Association would like to add at least 4 people to our Board of Directors to fill vacancies and expand our leadership. The Nomination Committee seeks candidates that are passionate about helping people with Down syndrome reach their full potential.
Board members will
• serve a three-year term
• attend monthly board meetings
• participate on at least one committee
• help develop and oversee the operating budget
• provide input to direct the Board’s efforts
HOIDSA is specifically looking for candidates in the following areas:
• representing adults with disabilities
• families with young children
• educational expertise/school districts
• relationship with the medical community
We will accept nominations through December 2nd. Vacancies will be filled at a later board meeting after all candidates have been considered. If you are interested, or know someone who would be a great addition to our Board, please contact us at 309.712.4852 or email@example.com.